We at BAMstrength are pretty excited these days. About so many things:
- PUMPkin Up the BAMs, obvi. We’ve had a great response to this month’s fitness challenge, and the punkin’ pictures are starting to come in to…
- Our new Instagram account. We’ve covered FB, Twitter, and now Instagram. What’s next? A real website? (#Soon)
- Our expanding numbers and reach. Did you know we have had visitors to our blog from a billion countries? Ok, that’s a stretch, but the image below is for real. WordPress tells us that people around the world are checking us out, and that makes us happy. (World domination, remember?)
- My Peak Challenge #2. Everyone had such an amazing time with MPC last year, and of course it raised a significant amount for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research. We are excited to see what Version 2 will bring! (If you are new to BAM– My Peak Challenge was a fitness challenge and fundraising initiative started by the Bear Strength Clothing Company and Fight Camp Glasgow last year. There is a second round of it coming…soon, they say.)
- Our Anniversary. Next month BAMstrength turns one year old! We First Ladies are a little emotional about it, and have planned some special things to celebrate. The first of which is…
- The Traveling #BAMflag. What’s that, you ask? Read on.
You may recall that last spring during My Peak Challenge, the folks at Bear Strength and Fight Camp carried a flag to the top of a snowy peak in Wales, and actor Sam Heughan wore one like a majestic poly-blend cloak as he completed the LA Marathon. One of the flags was auctioned off and Linda was drawn as the winner of the other one.
Well, that flag is about to continue its travels as we launch the Traveling #BAMflag. One of the ways we’d like to support MPC2 is by sending their flag all over the world, accompanied by BAMs who are engaging in some kind of fitness activity or challenge.
Linda kicked off our program by having a baby and signing the flag with BAMbino Gabriel’s footprint and her own name.
Next she sent it to Ruth, who carried the flag along the Great Wall of China as she completed her epic trip and logged over 175km walking in 10 days. Ruth will sign the flag too, and then send it on to someone else.
So how can you get involved? You don’t have to have a baby or go to China. (Though, if you REALLY want to, go for it!) Whether it’s climbing a mountain, doing a 10K, or walking a couple of miles in your own city for the first time, we would like to capture your fitness challenge moment with this flag and share it with the world.
All you have to do it let us know when (and why) you’d like the flag, and we’ll start coordinating the logistics. Then you have to promise to send us a pic, write an entry in the journal that will accompany it, and send it along to the next BAM!
Can you imagine the photos? We imagine this to be a HUGE way to support and build awareness for MPC2, but also to support our growing BAMily of badasses. As the BAM flag makes its way around the world, we are hoping to build more opportunities for meet ups, BAM cheering sections, and maybe even BAMs who start training together for events.
One last thing. If you do so desire, we encourage each of you to make a donation to the badass charity of your choice upon completion of your fitness challenge. If you participated in the first My Peak Challenge, you’ll remember that donations were given to the charity Sam Heughan supports, Bloodwise UK. We simply ask that you make mention of any donation made, noting it in your journal entry, so we can tally results at the end of the Traveling #BAMflag.
Send us a private message via Twitter or Facebook if you’re interested. We can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
Love, as always, your First Ladies,
Linda, Ruth & Sarah